LICENSING CONDITIONS FOR SBEM SOFTWARE
The Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) wishes to allow the widest possible use of the Simplified Building Energy Model (SBEM), its interface iSBEM, and accompanying guidance as an energy calculation tool. The current version of iSBEM_v5.2.d can be used for the purposes of: Compliance with Part L 2013 in England, EPC England, Compliance with Part L 2014 in Wales, EPC Wales, and Green Deal. This version of SBEM can also be used in the Channel Island of Jersey for the purposes of assessing and demonstrating compliance with Part 11 of the Building Bye-laws (Jersey) 2007, as amended.
Previous version iSBEM_v4.1.e is still functional to carry out: Compliance with Part L England & Wales 2010, Compliance with Section 6 of Scottish Building Regulations 2010, EPC Scotland, Compliance with Part F Northern Ireland 2012, and EPC Northern Ireland.
Previous version iSBEM v3.5.b can be used for the purposes of: Compliance with Part L 2007 in the Republic of Ireland and Building Energy Rating (BER) for Republic of Ireland.
DCLG is accordingly prepared to grant a non-transferable and non-exclusive royalty-free licence to download and use the software subject to the following conditions.
1. The Licensee shall not cause or permit the reverse engineering, disassembly or decompilation of the SBEM software;
2. The Licensee shall not market, sell, distribute or transfer the SBEM software or any part thereof without the prior written consent of DCLG;
3. The Licensee acknowledges that the SBEM software is new and may therefore have inherent defects, errors or deficiencies;
4. The Licensee uses the SBEM software at the Licensee's own risk, and on the strict understanding that the Licensee will not hold DCLG or its agents engaged in the software development liable for any loss or damage arising from the use of the SBEM software, and will impose a clause having no less effect on any third party to whom the Licensee supplies the SBEM software or any software developed therefrom or incorporating elements thereof
5. To the fullest extent permitted by law, DCLG excludes any and all liability in respect of loss or damage, whether personal (including death or personal injury) or to property and whether direct, consequential or special (including consequential financial loss) of the Licensee or any third party, however caused, arising directly or indirectly out of the Licensee's use of, or inability to use, the SBEM software.
6. DCLG makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the merchantability or fitness of the SBEM software for any particular purpose.
Although upgrades of the SBEM software may be made available on this website from time to time, BRE and DCLG cannot undertake to email or notify users of the software of any such upgrade, and it shall be the responsibility of users to assure themselves that the version they are using at any time is the most up to date version.